1. Don’t worry! It’ll all be over by Christmas! (1918)
2. Do your bit for Britain! Hang a dachshund today!
3. Girls love a man in uniform! It won’t just be the horses they’ll be throwing themselves under!
4. Slow down Fritz! Leave some nuns for the rest of us!
5. Britain first! Defend the Royal House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha!
6. Join up! (You’re statistically more likely to die of Spanish Flu afterwards than be killed in the actual war anyway).
7. Your Country Needs You! Best poetry entrants win.
8. It’s something to do with an Archduke getting shot. That’s all I know.
9. Fight for Britain and accelerate the rate of imperial decline.
10. Come on! Those deserters aren’t going to shoot themselves you know!
WARNING: Butterflies are a protected species. Any soldier on either side who is seen attempting to catch one before the cessation of hostilities, risks an immediate death penalty.